Kathie Mattison, MS RD LD
I have specialized in offering nutrition counseling for those with eating and weight issues for 25 years. For the past 10 years, I have had a home office, in order to provide you, with a relaxed, yet professional environment to explore, experiment, and learn about your food, eating, and health. A kitchen is available for cooking sessions, if needed.
My past experiences include clinical nutrition counseling, wellness and work place classes, pre-natal and childhood nutrition, sports nutrition, and cooking classes.
- Masters of Science Degree in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Registered with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Member of Academy of Eating Disorders
- Member of National Eating Disorders Association
- Member of AND Practice Groups: Sports, Cardiovascular and Eating Disorders; Behavioral Health Nutrition; Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine
- Trainings with Ellyn Satter, www.EllynSatter.Com
- Licensed in the state of Illinois
Eating Experts was founded in 1993 by Barb Ferry, RD and Kathie Mattison, MS RD. We loved having our own consulting business and sharing our passion for food, eating, family meals and dietetics. Both of us grew up in culturally rich food traditions. Barb was immersed in rural farm traditions and I came from and Italian/Polish/German background. We each experienced delicious family meals, produce from home gardens, and cooking experiences with mothers and grandmothers. As Registered Dietitians, our foundation of meaningful food histories and love of cooking paired beautifully with a desire to help others find health, enjoyment, meaning, and peace of mind through satisfying eating. Barb is semi-retired at this time, and enjoys her work at Sojourn House in Freeport, IL, but is not taking private clients. Our collaboration continues with other professional projects.